This article explains how to create your first project within PRJCTS. To quickly become a PRJCTS Pro, book a 30 minute demo with our onboarding team.
- First, login to Ledidi PRJCTS. If you do not have an account, first register by following these instructions.
- After logging in, you will be taken to the dashboard, which contains an overview of the studies you are currently managing or have been invited to.
Create a new project
- Click “+Create new” in the Dashboard window
- Fill in the required fields (marked with *)
- Project name: Fill in a project name
- Project number: Fill in the ID of the registry your study is registered in (if applicable)
- Project description: Fill in the description of the project (if applicable).
- Click create
Once you have created your project, you are prompted to choose whether you want to start a project from scratch or import existing data.
If you want to import existing data, see our guide on how to import existing data.
Starting a project from scratch
- When you choose “Manually define the variables and data types” you automatically enter the “Variables” window.
- To create a new variable, click “+Add variable” on the left side of the window.
- Enter a unique variable name, e.g date.
- Select the data type of the variable (e.g. if it is a date, select the data type “date”, if it is a numeric variable choose either number with or without decimals)
- If you are working with fixed values, you can check off “Fixed values”. When creating a new entry, you will only be able to select from the values created here. The project administrator can edit these values at any time.
- If you have several category values, you can choose “show as dropdown” and the values will be presented as a dropdown menu in the data entry form.
Your new project is ready!
Your new project is ready and you can start adding data. To learn more about capturing data, read our guide on how to build a project form.