- Click “+ Create new” in the Dashboard window.
- Fill in the required fields.
- Choose whether to start a project from scartch or import an existing dataset.
Starting a project from scratch
- Create a new variable by clicking “+Add variable“
- Add a variable name. Note that variable names must be unique and cannot contain capital letters, space or special characters. If you have several dates in your dataset, you can name the date_1w, date_3w, date_6mths and so on.
- Add a variable label. This is what you will see when you work with the data. It doesn’t need to be unique although it is advisable. You can use capital letters, space and special characters.
- Select a data type
If you have several category values, you can choose “Optimize for many categories” and the values will be presented as a dropdown menu in the data entry form.