This article explains how to create a new variable within Ledidi PRJCTS.
- To create a new variable, click “+Add variable” on the left side of the window.
- Enter a unique variable name, e.g date.
- Select the data type of the variable (e.g. if it is a date, select the data type “date”, if it is a numeric variable choose either number with or without decimals)
- If you are working with fixed values, you can check off “Fixed values”. When creating a new entry, you will only be able to select from the values created here. The project administrator can edit these values at any time.
- If you have several category values, you can choose “show as dropdown” and the values will be presented as a dropdown menu in the data entry form.
Generally, we advise limiting the use of text variables in research projects since it can not be used in statistical analyses and graphical presentations.
Learn more about working with variables.